Mesh Body Addicts Fair
Designer applications are now open – to apply click HERE
Terms and Conditions
The purpose of this event is simple. Over the last year, Mesh Bodies have become a huge part of Second Life for many users – but the problem is, being such a new technology, people don’t know where to shop to clothe, accessorize and style their mesh bodies! The single most common question in any mesh body chat (and for that matter, a question I get asked frequently) is ‘Where can I buy clothes/skins/accessories for my body?’.
That is the purpose of this event – to show the wide range of designers and items that are available for these consumers! Both male and female mesh body fashions welcome.
This is your chance to display yourself, your brand and your store to these potential customers. This is your chance to get your name out as a mesh body designer of choice!
The theme for this Fair is quite simply – the best designers for mesh body compatible fashion! The Fair is intended to be a way for Designers to display the very best of Mesh Body Fashion, so if you choose to take part, bring your A game!
As a Fair Designer, you are required to create one exclusive item, however I encourage more. Exclusive items must only be sold at the Fair for the duration of the event, after which they may be sold at your discretion.
Exclusive items must be new creations, not simply re-texturing of an existing item sold by the designer.
Exclusive items must not be templates (for clarification please contact lildaria resident) – this is your way of showing new customers why they should shop at your store in the future, so make it unique and remember it MUST be specifically rigged/fitted to at least one mesh body.
Items that may be sold
The Fair is dedicated to Mesh Bodies, so all items sold must be Mesh Body compatible/relevant. These may include (but are not limited to):
- Fitmesh for Mesh Bodies (note – fitmesh MUST include a fitmesh size for at least one mesh body in the contents and must be a fitmesh item, not a standard size mesh item).
- Applier fashion for Mesh Bodies
- Accessories for Mesh Bodies and/or heads (eg. Piercings rigged to a mesh body/head, rings fitted to mesh hands, makeup for mesh heads, tattoos with appliers and the like). For clarification, please ask any questions to lildaria resident.
- Mesh bodies and/or Mesh heads.
- Shoes fitted to mesh body feet.
- Mesh Body additions (ears/bellies/nipples/other body parts)
A group of dedicated bloggers will be selectively chosen to cover the event. Designers are encouraged to share review copies with bloggers, and can do so either through the event group, or by sending items to individual bloggers of their selection. Remember, the more bloggers we have showcasing what will be at the event, the more sales for you!
Designers are encouraged to have fun styling their booths, but please keep all items inside your own booth and within your prim count.
To reduce lag, vendors may only use vendor scripts, a landmark giver script and a gatcha script if applicable. Stores may have one (1) gatcha if they wish, however the machine will count towards your total prim count. Stores wanting more than one gatcha may apply for another to lildaria resident.
Designers are encouraged to place a gift at the entrance to their store, however this is not mandatory.
Fees must only be paid to lildaria resident AFTER you have been notified of your acceptance for the Fair. Please note that refunds will not be given except in the event that the Fair is cancelled or postponed.
The Fair will be marketed in world and through various websites, including Seraphim and the Mesh Body Addicts blog. Designers must be willing to place a copy of the event poster in their inworld store (if they have one). If you don’t have in-world store, once the event location is distributed it would be appreciated if you could add the event to your Picks for the duration.
Accepted designers will be sent an invitation to the Fair Group. You are required to remain in this group for the duration of the event.
For suggestions, questions or anything else, please send a notecard or IM to lildaria resident, or email email@example.com
Designers must adhere to the below timeline. Failure to do so may result in you losing your spot at the Fair.
- 8th June – Successful Designers will be notified of their acceptance by this date
- 10th June – All successful designer’s logos must be sent to lildaria resident by this date
- 12th June – Fees must be paid to lildaria resident by this date or you will lose your spot
- 26th July – Exclusive item vendor pictures to be sent to lildaria resident by this date (this is for marketing purposes)
- 26th July to 29th July – Designer setup (designers not set up by 11:59pm (SLT) on 29th July will be ejected without refund)
- 31st July – Blogger open day
- 1st August – Fair Opens
- 21st August – Fair Closes